One to One Homecare Feedback from Quality Assurance Survey
February 2018 – Care Support Workers
I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to complete our questionnaire, your views and opinions matter to us and we value your comments.
We are not perfect and sometimes things do not always go according to plan, however, we always endeavour to support you to support our Service Users to deliver a high standard of care and support.
There was a poor response return of the questionnaires this time around.
Less than half were returned.
- Of those returned, 90% were generally happy with the support received from Care Coordinators, Wages department and the Training delivered including supervisions and support.
Some of the comments made
- Since I have started with One to One I feel very supported – The staff at Lowestoft have made me feel very welcome and nothing is ever too much trouble. I have also felt supported when I have been out on care out of office hours has answered the phone quickly and helped me with any queries.
- Overall Good.
- Great team in the office at present.
- Teach some carers common sense.
- Not had any problems
- ……is a great asset to the team.
- Would be nice to be kept a bit more up-to-date with things.
- When a Service User passes away I have not always been told by the office and have been told by the family or another carer.
- Care plans are comprehensive.
Answers to some of these points
- We try to support all staff as much as we can, if there is something on your mind, please come and talk to us.
- Unfortunately common sense cannot be taught, we are not all the same and sometimes we do not always do things in a logical order, we can overlook some things occasionally, we are all human. If things are not being done properly though please tell us, we want to support everyone to provide the best possible care.
- We apologise if we do not always get updates to you quickly, particularly when someone dies, we call everyone individually and sometimes the sad news gets passed before we have had chance to call you personally. We will take this concern on board and try to make sure you are kept informed of things like this.
- Care plans are comprehensive, they have to be, we try to capture as much as we can of an individual this helps us all to provide not just care (daily tasks) but support, understanding and compassion. When completing documentation please do not just list what has been done, we are all individuals and have unique aspects to us, record this. (for example) Samantha said she had a lovely time this weekend her grandson visited… or chatted to Carl about the football…. Jane said she feels a little low today; I helped her dial the number to talk to her son.
Thank you for your continued support of our Service Users, we do appreciate everything you do and we will try to continue to support you with a high standard you deserve.
If things are not as you would like or you have any concerns please talk to us, we cannot promise to get it right all of the time but we will certainly try our best.
One to One Homecare Ltd